REECE & ZUSTER COLLABORATION
In an exciting collaboration, Zuster teamed up with Australia's leading name in bathroom, Reece, who have expanded their offering with a bespoke furniture collection for the bathroom. Bringing the Zuster signature style into the bathing space, the ISSY by Zuster collection represents Zuster’s first foray into the bathroom and offers users a fresh and inspired approach to beauty, style and luxury in the bathroom with luxury hotel-inspired furniture collections set to transform the future of the bathroom. Conceived by the famed Zuster sisters, Wilhelmina McCarroll and Fleur Sibbel, the ISSY by Zuster collection features a “dream list” of bathroom luxuries designed especially for beauty and personal grooming.
According to Reece Bathroom Business Manager, Daniela Santilli, ISSY by Zuster is a break-through for the bathroom. “It is a collection that has been designed by women for women and addresses all those special details we love about indulgent hotel bathrooms and crave for our own living space,” said Santilli. “Zuster brings those added touches of luxury into the home bathroom with beautiful, bespoke elements and high quality finishes. “ISSY by Zuster is also designed for comfort and convenience with a compact and fully customisable design. The range addresses all the essential functions of a bathroom, while elevating it beyond the everyday with a series of cleverly integrated features.”
Marrying ISSY’s commitment to personalisation in the bathroom with Zuster’s bespoke signature style, ISSY by Zuster enables customers to customise their bathroom furniture right down to the millimetre to suit their space and individual requirements.
“Zuster’s quality manufacture also means that every last detail is carefully considered and beautifully finished – from the bevelled edges on Z8 Ballerina’s tall boy, to the luxurious inner lining of the shaving cabinet and concealed make up drawers,” said Zuster Managing Director Fleur Sibbel. “For ISSY by Zuster, we’ve really taken the Zuster DNA and brought it into the bathroom space.”
“IT’S A COLLECTION DESIGNED BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN AND ADDRESSES ALL THOSE SPECIAL DETAILS WE LOVE ABOUT INDULGENT HOTEL BATHROOMS AND CRAVE FOR OUR OWN HOME SPACE”. Daniela Santilli, Reece Bathroom Business Manager.
ZUSTER FOR JACKALOPE HOTEL
The jackalope is a mythical beast, a horny hybrid of jackrabbit and antelope unleashed on unsuspecting Wyoming prairies in the 1930s by a hunter with a gift for taxidermy and curious wit. Its namesake hotel on the Mornington Peninsula is no less exotic, although very much more real. Designed by Melbourne’s Carr Design Group in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary Fabio Ongarato studio, the Jackalope is a slick black box perched atop a valley of tumbling vines. Monolithic, almost brutal, the metal-clad structure resets the template of the boutique hotel experience at the same time as revolutionizing the cellar door.
In a year long collaboration, entrepreneur and developer Louis Li came together with architects, Carr Design Group, and the bespoke furniture design team at Zuster to individually craft furniture items for the hotel’s 46 guestrooms and numerous common areas, indoors and out. Bringing the Zuster experience into the world of luxury hotels, Design Director Wilhelmina McCarroll has led the design vision for each individual Zuster piece within Jackalope. Every piece has been carefully considered and finely crafted, right down to the last detail. An exercise in expressive refinement. The result is a sense of authentic beauty and innate luxury. Made for Jackalope.
Visit Jackalope Hotel
- 2018 I Winner I Hotel of the Year I World Interiors News Awards
- 2018 I Commendation I Best Hotel Design I Eat Drink Design Awards
- 2018 I Commendation I Hospitality Design I Australian Interior Design Awards
- 2018 I Longlisted I Hospitality Interior I Dezeen Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I Interior Architecture I Victorian Architecture Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I The Social Space I INDE Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I Hotel of the Year I FRAME Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I Bar of the Year I FRAME Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I Restaurant I AHEAD Asia Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I Event Spaces (The Geode) I AHEAD Asia Awards
- 2018 I Shortlisted I Guestroom I AHEAD Asia Awards
- 2017 I Winner I Architecture Commercial Constructed I Melbourne Design Awards
- 2017 I Winner I Hotel of the Year I Gourmet Traveler Australian Hotel Guide Awards
- 2017 I Winner I New Hotel I Gourmet Traveler Australian Hotel Guide Awards
- 2017 I Winner I Regional Hotel of the Year I Gourmet Traveler Australian Hotel Guide Awards
- 2017 I Winner I Sexiest Design I LE Miami Awards
- 2017 I Overall Winner | Interior Design Excellence Awards
- 2017 I Shortlisted I World Interior of the Year I World Architecture Festival
- 2017 I Shortlisted I World Architecture of the Year I World Architecture Festival
- 2017 | Shortlisted I Best Sustainability Project I Interior Design Excellence Award
- 2017 | Shortlisted I Flaggerdoot | Best Bar of the Year I Eat Drink Design Awards
- 2017 I Shortlisted I Doot Doot Doot | Best Restaurant of the Year I Eat Drink Design Awards
MELBOURNE JET BASE & ZUSTER COLLABORATION
Zuster teamed with the Little group and COX Architecture to fully furnish the extensive Melbourne Jet Base. Situated at Melbourne International Airport Tullamarine, the facility boasts 24 hr access to full length runways, two expansive hangars with ancillary ground support spaces, in house customs and immigration screening, generous pilot support areas, function spaces and high-end guest facilities more akin to the World’s finest luxury hotel lobbies.
The Little Group’s brief to Zuster was ‘to create a uniquely Melbourne, Australian design feel’ to the project. The collaboration involved a twelve-month design, prototype and manufacturing process with completion in September 2018. Design on every individual furniture item was led by design director Wilhelmina McCarroll and project management, managing director Fleur Sibbel.
“Melbourne Jet Base is once in a lifetime project and we are so proud to be part of it. The brief, to create a uniquely ‘Melbourne’ design feel, speaks directly to our Zuster DNA and throughout the project, Little predominately wanted Zuster’s signature pieces to be included. We were so honoured to have deigned and manufacture the pieces for this project in Melbourne."
In a city rich with a wide range of international sporting and entertainment events, cultural attractions and a lifestyle that is the envy of cities worldwide, the addition of a purpose built private Jet terminal designed to be the best of its type in the world represents a bold new step as Melbourne seeks to regain its mantle as the most livable city in the world. Melbourne Jet Base redefines the entry and departure experience for high net worth individuals, foreign dignitaries, celebrities and sports stars who demand level of service, security and privacy well beyond what is available in a commercial airline terminal. Melbourne Jet Base’s architectural expression is defined by its elegant and iconic wing form, articulated using aviation inspired materiality and a play on the poetic tension of earth and sky. Conversely, the warm interior spaces embrace a uniquely Australian palette of materials, textures and colours, designed to both calm and comfort those in transit.
View Melbourne Jet Base